Career Services Coordinator
Do you want to be a part of a long-established and reputed post-secondary educational institution serving new Canadians? Are you a dedicated team player who is a smart self-starter with a strong work ethic and exceptional time management and project coordination skills? We are looking for savvy professionals to enhance our team as we expand our scope and delivery of innovative learning outcomes for our students.
Celebrating its remarkable 30th year anniversary in 2021, Computek College is one of Ontario’s leading private career colleges dedicated to providing practical learning for newcomers to become employed. Our students learn from industry proven instructors, access special workshops that give them a competitive edge in the job market, and effectively leverage financial aid and career services. We offer several diploma and certification programs in business, healthcare, and technology with additional weeknight and weekend classes.
- We fundamentally believe that newcomers to Canada bring with them, knowledge and skills that affords them the right to decent work. We acknowledge their inherent dignity, wisdom, and agency.
- We are committed, therefore, to providing a nurturing learning environment that is equitable and inclusive where our newcomer students can realize their full potential.
- By facilitating the free expression of diverse perspectives in a respectful manner on campus, we create conditions for our diverse student body and staff to make a positive difference in all aspects of our college.
We are looking for an exceptional Career Services Coordinator to join our Career Services department.
An integral part of the Career Services team supporting Business, Healthcare, and Technology students and graduates, the Career Services Coordinator is responsible for partnering with students to secure program related practicum placements and provide administrative support to the Career Services Specialist to enhance our graduates’ employment outcomes. The Career Services Coordinator will liaise regularly with students, graduates, employers, and internal departments including Finance & Compliance, Faculty, Admissions, and Student Success to achieve common goals.
Success in this role is primarily measured through on-time practicum placements and development of meaningful practicum partnerships. This role also supports the achievement of graduation employment rates.
Reporting to: Director of Career Services
Hours: Monday to Friday, 9 AM – 5 PM
Salary: $38,000-$40,000 annually
Primary Work location: Computek College Toronto Campus (Kennedy/Eglinton)
- Monitors and maintains record of upcoming student placements for assigned programs.
- Proactively plans and prepares students for the placement module of the program with the goal of attaining 100% practicum placement rate on time.
- Works closely with Instructors to plan class visits and identify student concerns that may impact practicum placement.
- Identifies and contacts employers to request suitable practicum opportunities for students with the potential of hiring.
- Initiates and establishes placement affiliation agreements with relevant industry partners.
- Offers support to students and host sites to navigate issues that may arise while on placement.
- Works closely with the Education department to identify curriculum opportunities and feedback shared by employer partners to improve employer satisfaction with Computek programs.
Job Placements- Administrative Support:
- Collates and shares relevant job opportunities with graduates acquired through job search websites (Indeed, LinkedIn, etc.) or internal channels (incoming leads or Career Services Specialist).
- Maintains contact with Computek graduates to inquire about employment status and records employment status in Computek’s electronic system (Campus Login).
- Provides on-site support during student and graduate activities, such as participating in graduation ceremonies, alumni gatherings, and other special events.
- Certificate, Diploma or Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant discipline such as Human Resources, Office Administration, Social Work, Business or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience working within a post-secondary institution managing student placement services or providing newcomer support services is highly desirable.
- Preference will also be given to candidates with relevant industry, Business Development, Agency Staffing, and/or Human Resources experience.
- Enjoys working in the community and meeting new people with diverse backgrounds.
- Driven by achieving goals that positively impact the lives of students and graduates.
- Extremely well-organized.
- Communicates effectively with students, graduates, team members, partners, and employers.
- Comfortable with and has experience using databases, Google Suite, and Microsoft Office.
Compensation: Competitive salary and benefits.
Computek College is an inclusive work environment and as such has a workplace accommodation policy in place. Accommodations are available, upon request, for the interview process and other selection stages for job applicants with accessibility needs.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $38,000.00-$40,000.00 per year
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Vision care
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Do you have experience working with people with diverse backgrounds?
- Do you have strong communications skills ?
- DCS / DEC (preferred)
Work Location: In person