Personal Support Work Instructor
Do you want to be a part of a long-established and reputed post-secondary educational institution serving new Canadians? Are you a dedicated team player who is a smart self-starter with a strong work ethic and exceptional time management and project coordination skills? We are looking for savvy professionals to enhance our team as we expand our scope and delivery of innovative learning outcomes for our students.
Celebrating its remarkable 30th year anniversary in 2021, Computek College is one of Ontario’s leading private career colleges dedicated to providing practical learning for newcomers to become employed. Our students learn from industry proven instructors, access special workshops that give them a competitive edge in the job market, and effectively leverage financial aid and career services. We offer several diploma and certification programs in business, healthcare, and technology with additional weeknight and weekend classes.
- We fundamentally believe that newcomers to Canada bring with them, knowledge and skills that affords them the right to decent work. We acknowledge their inherent dignity, wisdom, and agency.
- We are committed, therefore, to providing a nurturing learning environment that is equitable and inclusive where our newcomer students can realize their full potential.
- By facilitating the free expression of diverse perspectives in a respectful manner on campus, we create conditions for our diverse student body and staff to make a positive difference in all aspects of our college.
We are looking for an exceptional Personal Support Worker Instructor to join our faculty department.
- Develop, design, update the course curriculum, and teach Personal Support Worker Courses curriculum to ensure optimum student learning, and constantly build student engagement by classroom discussions
- Plan and select suitable teaching techniques to adapt to various students’ needs. (Use lectures, discussions, and audio-visual presentations to instruct students)
- Follow procedures for administering, recording grades and ensure evaluations are done in a timely fashion
- Provide the Departmental head assessment reports for courses as required during each academic term
- When required, act as an advisor, counsel the students about the course.
- Be a mentor and coach to the students, guide them on how to be best prepared and navigate them through the course
- Maintain a positive attitude in interactions with colleagues, staff and students and proactively participate in resolving students’ concerns
- Develop skills in students with an objective of preparing them for successful and practical application of acquired learning in real world
- Stay current in their discipline area by engaging in on-going professional development, including back-to-industry, attending conferences and trainings.
- Participate in faculty meetings, professional meetings, student functions and other activities of the college
- Abide by the college policies and demonstrate Computek College’s values.
- Enhance organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field such as Nursing and/or related discipline. preferred. Master’s degree in relevant field desirable
- Must have current Registered Nurse / Registered Practical Nurse license
- Minimum two (2) years of relevant experience in the nursing field with the RPN or RN license
- Experience in managing international students by creating a climate in which students want to do their best
- Commitment to cultural diversity and ethical practice principles, and demonstrating knowledge of equal treatment
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong time-management skills
- Maintaining confidentiality
- Microsoft certification is an asset.
This is a part-time (20-25 hrs/week) contract position, weekdays.
Mon – Thur. 9:00 am to 3:00pm each day for 18 weeks theory (online instruction)
as well as 2 weeks of practical lab (in-person instruction) at either our Ajax or Toronto Campus
Computek College is an inclusive work environment and as such has a workplace accommodation policy in place. Accommodations are available, upon request, for the interview process and other selection stages for job applicants with accessibility needs.
Job Types: Part-time, Fixed term contract, Casual
Contract length: 20 weeks
Part-time hours: 20-25 per week
- Day shift
- No weekends
- DCS / DEC (preferred)
- RN or RPN: 2 years (required)
- managing international students: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Scarborough, ON